Friday, November 16, 2012

A Military Poem

There are many days of a lifetime love
Sometimes we think that we cannot do
What many say is impossibly above
The life of the normal and civilian too
**
                                                                                                 
There are many days that we sit and cry
Too many to clarify how or even why
**
We have days that we wonder
How can we go any more
With the lightning and thunder
We just find a rug and sweep it all under
**
The months go by and we think they will never end
Then a day comes that we cannot even speak to a friend
**
With a ring of the door and a glimpse out the window
I fall to the ground and sob like a widow
**
I was new to the service but knew of the men
Three all dressed and ready to try and mend
**
A heart that is broken
With the wind of the day
I am not sure I can live, we just had until May
**

Now all alone I am not sure what to do
I look right down and I am staring at you
**
Your dad was a hero
A man of little words
He always talked about you
I swear even to the birds
**

He was never able to meet you
We fell two months short
But he will always protect you
Even if from Heaven's port

No comments:

Post a Comment