Saturday, October 29, 2011

The man I am proud of.

It has been nearly a month that we have been whole again. It still does not seem quite real that he is not leaving right away again.
When it comes to the children it is as if time just lapsed over the whole experience and he never had left. Other than my husband having extra little bodies stuck to his legs, we have all fallen into a great, somewhat normal, routine.
As of now he is on leave so he has been home for nearly two weeks now. Although I love it, I am curious to see how things will go once he goes back to work. It seems as though every time my husband leaves the house the kids worry the entire time if he is coming back. I understand it is normal, and they are just children, but it does not make it any easier to see. I pray that for the kids’ sake we do not have to live through another deployment, although we probably will, I hope it goes as smooth as the last. I think there will be a lot more broken hearts come the next time he leaves again.
When I sit and watch the love that the children have for their dad, or vice versa, it breaks my heart to think of those that were not so lucky. The families whose parent did not make it home, and those families that have heartbreak in their future. Military or not to lose a parent, especially as a child, is something that saddens me to think about.
I thank God every day for bringing my husband home safe. And I pray that in the years to come, he repeat his gift. I also cannot help but thank him for blessing us with a man as wonderful as him. A wonderful husband and a great father. He is a man that protects us, and will stand in front to make sure we are safe. He is a man that gives hugs and kisses when knees are accidentally scraped. He is a man that in a battle I would want to be on my side. And he is a man that cares for his children more than he will ever care for himself. I do not know why I was blessed with this man in my life, but I am thankful for it nonetheless. It warms my heart to think that my sons have him as a role model, and will hopefully strive to fill their father’s shoes. I love to think that my daughter has a dad that she sees as a respectful man, the type of man that she will be blessed with later in life.
I have stated before that I am a very patriotic person, military or not. At this point in my life, I cannot begin to explain how proud I am to be the wife of a soldier like I him. I am proud of the sacrifices that I am not sure I myself would make. I am proud of the soldiers he has helped to become as strong as him. I am proud of the morals he is teaching our children. I am proud that I am sitting here with this man to be proud of.


**I just want to say thank you to all of you that are sticking with me and reading my blogs. Sometimes I find myself lost of what to say, but I appreciate that you are letting me tell the story of our crazy military life. **

No comments:

Post a Comment